Here are the instructions to get the iUSBportCAMERA app for your device:
- Download it directly by clicking here.
- Or search iUSBport in the App Store.
Mac OS X
- Download and unzip the iUSBportCAMERA Mac OS software.
- Connect iUSBportCAMERA (formerly CameraMator) device via USB cable to your camera.
- Turn on the camera and iUSBportCAMERA.
- Tap the power button on the iUSBportCAMERA once.
- When you see “Self-Client Mode?”, tap the power button again to activate self-client mode.(If you see “Power Off?” instead of “Self-Client Mode?”, it means your device is not connected to a powered on DSLR camera as mentioned in Step 2 and 3. Also make sure that the iPad app is not connected to the device)
- Connect your Mac computer to the same Wi-Fi network as iUSBportCAMERA.
- Open the iUSBportCAMERA Mac OS software.
- In the software, enter the IP address of iUSBportCAMERA (default is 192.168.0.1).
- Select a folder where the incoming images will save to.
- Select to import RAW, JPG or both types of images.
- Click “Start” to begin importing.
- You can use Adobe Lightroom or any software to watch and auto import from the folder. In Lightroom 4, it’s File>Auto Import>Auto Import Settings>Choose Watched Folder>Enable Auto Import.
iPhone, iPod, Android and PC
Phase 1 – update to the latest version of firmware
- Download the 2 files (IUSBPCAM.SEF and iusbport_camera) to the main directory of a USB flash drive. Ignore CAMERAMATOR.SEF unless you are updating from the older CameraMator device.
- Insert USB drive into the USB port of the iUSBportCAMERA device.
- Turn on iUSBportCAMERA device.
- Display will show “Update?″. Press power button once to confirm.
- Device takes about a minute to update firmware and will shutdown automatically when done
- Turn on iUSBportCAMERA device again.
- Display will show “Refresh App?”. Press power button once to confirm.
- Once that is done. The device will restart with web app functionality enabled.
Phase 2 – open the web app
- Connect your camera to iUSBportCAMERA and turn both devices on.
- Connect your Android/iOS/Mac/PC to the same Wi-Fi network as iUSBportCAMERA.
- Open Safari or Chrome web browser and enter the IP address of iUSBportCAMERA (http://192.168.0.1) in the URL address bar.
- You will see the “CameraControl.html” icon. Select this icon to open Camera Control.
- On some Android devices, the screen may not orientate properly. Just rotate the Android device to reorientate the screen.
- Web app will see the camera and a green button will light up. If the web app shows a red button, it means that another device is already connected to the camera.
- Don’t forget to tap the green button to turn off camera live view when you are done as closing the web browser/app will not disengage live view.
Note: known web app limitations:
- Remember to turn off live view when you are done as closing the web browser/app will not disengage the camera from live view.
- Video recording is not yet supported in this version, will be made available in the next version.
- Touch focusing may not work with some Nikon cameras. We will fix this in the next version.
- Older Android devices may be slow at running this web app due to limited processing power.